How I found twice the life with half the stuff . . .

Towards the end of 2009, I began feeling overwhelmed by life. There weren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. I was crowded and feeling like a hostage in my own life. So, I began a bizarre experiment. Although it may be a bit presumptuous, I'm betting that I will have twice the life with half the stuff. Join me on my journey as I cleanse my life of clutter and distractions and find the true life that God intended for me.


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Method to My Madness

Whenever you take on a new challenge, the first step is to identify your plan of attack. Getting rid of half you stuff is no small feat so I’m starting with the obvious “trouble” areas. For me, that’s my kitchen, my closet, my bathroom and my office. My theory is that these obvious problems will prime the pump for purging yet to come. Now, as for the stuff I’m getting rid of – I’m not taking it to Goodwill immediately. It’s all going into the garage for the mother of all yard sales (yes, this is a bit Clean House inspired). So this spring, look forward to some great blogging about throwing a successful yard sale. I have some plans for my earnings – I’d like to retile my bathroom or put laminate flooring in my kitchen and dining room. We’ll see if my dreams are bigger than my stuff will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment